SPICY PEPPER & THREE CHEESE SOUTHERN GRITS
By Ben Vaughn
- Heat the water to a full simmer in a medium sized sauce pan.
- While the liquid is heating, put the stone-ground grits into a large mixing bowl and cover with cool water. Skim the surface carefully and remove the floating debris drain the grits in a fine strainer.
- Stir the grits into the simmering liquid, cooking and stirring often, until the grits are tender to the bite and have thickened to the consistency of thick peanut butter.
- Remove from the heat and season the grits generously with salt.
- Stir in the Stonemill Kitchens Spicy Pepper & Three Cheese Dip and butter, allowing the cold fat to act as an emulsifier with the hot grits.
- Let rest, covered, until you are ready to serve.
- 2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 container Stonemill Kitchens Spicy Pepper & Three Cheese Dip
- 1 cup long cook stone-ground grits
- Kosher salt to taste
- 4 tablespoon chilled unsalted butter