SCALLOPED POTATO CAKES
By Ben Vaughn
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Reser’s Scalloped Potatoes, egg, flour, minced onions, grated raw potato, and parsley. Mix to incorporate.
- Preheat skillet and add oil. If using grapeseed oil, watch carefully, and do not let it smoke. Spoon a portion of the potato mixture into the hot oil until you fill the skillet. The oil should be hot enough for the cakes to sizzle nicely.
- While frying, smooth out each potato cake roughly into a circular shape. Cook until nice and brown. Flip and cook on the other side until done.
- Remove cakes from the skillet and place them on paper towel to drain.
- Mix Greek yogurt with chives, lemon zest and then add salt and pepper to taste. Serve as a dipping condiment.
- 8 oz. Reser’s Scalloped Potatoes, Cooks Note: Make sure they are thawed and cold, not warm, when preparing the recipe
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed or olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons chives, sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose gluten free flour (or regular all-purpose)
- 1 large potato, white, purple or orange, shredded