POTATO SALAD IN A BREAD BOULE
By Ben Vaughn
- In a large sauce pot, add the cream, Reser’s Original Potato Salad and bring to a full simmer. Cube the cooked, peeled Idaho Potatoes and add to the simmering cream mixture.
- Simmer for 3-5 minutes. Reduce the heat, taste and season with salt and pepper. Add hot sauce for acidity and heat balance.
- In a pre-heated oven, warm the bread boules. Remove the top of the bread, and scoop the center.
- Add soup liquid to a food processor. Mix until smooth and thick. Adjust seasoning, and add the lemon zest to soup.
- Use the leftover bread from the center of the boule as a garnish.
- 2 cups Reser’s Original Potato Salad
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Idaho Potatoes, cooked and peeled
- 2 tablespoon roasted garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 4 Bread Boules, 6-8 oz.
- Hot sauce (as needed)