POTATO-BEER CHEESE SOUP
By Chef Sean
- Add Reser’s Main Street Bistro Signature Mashed Potatoes and stock together in heavy bottomed saucepan, mix to combine and heat to medium.
- Add salt and cayenne pepper and heat to simmer. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Whisk the cornstarch into the beer and add to the pot, continue whisking to combine. Cook soup 5 more minutes or until thickened.
- Take soup off of heat and check seasoning. Slowly whisk grated cheese into soup.
- Serve warm in bowls topped with chives and toasted bread.
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 24 oz. tray Reser’s Main Street Bistro Signature Mashed Potatoes
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup beer, pilsner or pale ale preferred
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sharp or white Cheddar cheese, grated
- Handful of chives, thinly sliced
- Crusty French bread