MAC & CHEESE CHICKEN QUESADILLA
By Ben Vaughn
Directions for Quesadilla:
- Pre-heat your skillet to medium heat. Coat the pan with 1 tablespoon of oil.
- On your cutting board, rough chop the pre-cooked chicken breast into bite size pieces. Lay open one side ofDon Pancho Whole Wheat Tortilla and spread evenly 1 tablespoon of Reser’s Signature Macaroni and Cheese. Top with ¼ of your chopped chicken.
- Close and repeat the steps until you have four tortillas filled. Brown quesadillas in your pan on medium heat, until a warm and creamy interior has been achieved.
Directions for Topping and Salsa:
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the Baja Cafe Restaurant Style Salsa, the minced onion, chopped fresh cilantro and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well and let stand to incorporate flavors.
- Slice the tomato ¼ inch thick, season with salt and pepper and oil. Arrange on the plate with the sliced tomato, wedges of quesadilla and salsa.
Ingredients for Quesadilla:
- 4 tablespoons Reser’s Signature Macaroni and Cheese
- 8 oz. cooked chicken breast meat, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed or vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper as needed
- 4 Don Pancho Whole Wheat Tortillas
Ingredients for Topping and Salsa:
- 1/2 cup Baja Cafe Restaurant Style Salsa
- 1/4 yellow onion, minced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Grapeseed oil, as needed
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste