HASH BROWN POPOVERS
By Ben Vaughn
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Heat 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan over high heat. Add the bacon and sauté until crispy. Remove and drain on a paper towel.
- Add Reser’s Hash Browns in a large bowl. Add the bacon, cheese, remaining olive oil, salt, pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Spray a 12 compartment muffin tray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Fill each muffin compartment with mixture. Pat down firmly. Bake for 30 minutes until dark golden brown on top.
- Let stand for a few minutes before turning out from the muffin tray. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately. This is a delicious breakfast item with poached or sunny side up eggs.
- 1 package of Reser’s Hash Browns
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, separated
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups crispy bacon, finely diced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped for garnish