HAM AND CARAMELIZED ONION BREAKFAST STRUDEL
By Chef Sean
- For caramelized onions, melt butter in large sauté pan and add onions when butter foams.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until onion reduce in size by half. Add salt and thyme leaves and cover pan, check every 3-4 minutes and stir.
- When done, onions will yield approximately 1 cup and be browned throughout. Cool caramelized onions to room temperature.
- Meanwhile pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Roll out thawed puff pastry on floured board to 12” x 16”.
- Place 6 slices of smoked Gouda in middle of pastry Top cheese with layer of cooled caramelized onions and diced ham.
- Top ham with tray of Reser’s Main Street Bistro Baked Scalloped Potatoes and pull tray off.
- Pull pastry to fit around potatoes. Place on a parchment paper covered sheet pan and lightly score the top with a knife.
- Brush with egg wash all over and cook 25-30 minutes until browned all over and reaches internal temperature of 165°F.
- Cool for 5 minutes before slicing with serrated knife.
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and julienned
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and julienned
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed in refrigerator
- 6 sliced smoked Gouda cheese
- 1 lb. ham (no water added), diced
- 40 oz. tray Reser’s Main Street Bistro Baked Scalloped Potatoes
- 1 egg, beaten with 2 teaspoons heavy cream