Sweet Potato Pie with Pecan Topping
- Preheat oven - 375º.
- Defrost pie crust 10 min prior to use and pierce bottom all over with a fork.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, 1/3 cup brown sugar, and maple syrup until smooth.
- Add mashed sweet potatoes, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ¾ cup cream; whisk until smooth.
- Pour filling into pie crust and place on rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake pie on lowest rack of oven until filling is set, about 45 min. If crust browns too quickly, tent edges with foil.
- Cool on a rack, 1 hour, and then refrigerate to cool completely.
- 1 container of Sensational Sides Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup plus
- ½ cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 tbs. pure maple syrup
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup plus 1 tbs. heavy cream
- 3 tbs. butter1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 frozen store-bought pie crust (9")
For Pecan Topping:
- Melt butter over med heat in a med-sized saucepan.
- Add ½ cup brown sugar & pecans. Cook, stirring, until sugar is incorporated and the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in remaining tbsp cream; let cool 1 to 2 min.
- Pour mixture over cooled pie and spread evenly over pie.
- Cool until topping has hardened, about 30 min. Store in a cool place up to 6 hrs; do not refrigerate again.