Mini Meatloaf Mash-Rooms
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Place cleaned mushrooms on sheet tray and toss with olive oil.
3. Bake for 10 minutes, drain and cool.
4. On a cutting board, fill each mushroom with a teaspoon of Reser’s mashed potatoes and top with 2 teaspoons of meat loaf mix.
5. Arrange filled mushrooms on sheet tray leaving 2 inches in-between.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
7. Brush the tops with the meatloaf glaze and continue to bake 15 minutes until lightly browned.
- 48 – Button Mushrooms (Stemmed and cleaned)
- 1 Tb Olive Oil
- 16 oz Resers Mashed Potatoes
- 16 oz Meatloaf Mix (any mixture of ground meat: pork, beef, veal, etc.)
- ½ cup Meatloaf Glaze
- 4 Tb Ketchup
- 3 Tb BBQ Sauce
- 1 Tb Spicy Chili Sauce
- For a lighter take on this appetizer, substitute ground turkey or ground chicken for the traditional meatloaf mix.
- Make it an entree! Swap the button mushrooms for large portabello caps. Serve with a green salad for a complete meal.