Hash Brown Egg Bake
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 425° F. Using a cast iron skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Dice the onion and the bell pepper into medium-sized pieces and transfer to skillet. Sauté until vegetables are soft and the onion is translucent.
Step 2: Add the potatoes, and fry until browned and crisp. Crack the eggs on top of the cooked potato and vegetable mixture and top with shredded cheddar cheese. Bake for ten minutes or until the egg whites are set.
Step 3: Using a metal spatula, divide into servings and garnish with your favorite salsa. Be sure that everyone gets at least one egg.
- 1/2 package Reser’s Refrigerated Hash Browns (approx. 3 cups)
- 1/4 sweet, white onion
- 1/2 bell pepper, any color
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 Tbs. butter
- Salsa-for garnish
- Feel free to add ingredients to this recipe. chorizo, mushrooms, or bacon pieces would be a welcome addition!
- Don’t be shy with the garnishes; green onion, sour cream, hot sauce, and more cheese are other great options.
- Be sure to use a cast iron skillet for this meal, so that you can transfer it from the stove to the oven with ease.
More Related Recipes
Potato Salad in a Bread Boule, Cashew Chicken Salad BBQ Bacon Wraps, Chicken Boudin Sausage Patties, Artichoke, Jalapeno & Avocado Pasta, Three Cheese Pepperoncini Southern Grits, Hawaiian Pizza with Feta, Mango and Pineapple Salsa, Artichoke, Jalapeno & Avocado Pasta, Pimento Cheese BLT, Diced Potatoes and Shrimp Casserole, Hash Brown Popovers, BBQ Beans Tofu Sliders, Mashed Potatoes with Caramel Apples and Bacon, Scalloped Potato Cakes, Mac & Cheese Chicken Quesadilla, French Onion Dip Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Beef and Potato Pie, Ham and Caramelized Onion Breakfast Strudel, Golden Potato Cakes, Sweet Potato Pie with Pecan Topping, Mini Meatloaf Mash-Rooms, Spinach, Artichoke & Parmesan Potato Pie, Garlic Mashed Pizza, Potato-Beer Cheese Soup, Smoked Salmon Potato Cakes, Tortilla Pie!, Hash Brown Egg Bake, Southwestern Breakfast Casserole, California-Inspired Veggie Pizza, Mini Chocolate Peanut Butter Tarts, Creamy Cranberry Pastry Bites, Pumpkin Mousse Parfaits