CHICKEN BOUDIN SAUSAGE PATTIES
By Ben Vaughn
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add butter and melt.
- Add onions and season with a little salt and pepper & fennel seeds. Quickly sauté the mixture for 5-7 then remove from the heat to cool.
- Heat a griddle pan or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place chicken in a bowl and season with salt and pepper, mix in the Reser’s Herb Medley Rice, poultry seasoning, allspice, paprika and the olive oil.
- Add in the onions and fennel and mix until combined.
- To make the sausage patties, shape the meat into 2 1/2 inches patties. Will yield 12-16.
- Cook patties 4-6 minutes on first side, 5-7 minutes on the other (or to an internal temperature of 165°F) and serve hot.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package Reser’s Herb Medley Rice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 1/2 lb. ground chicken breast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoon olive oil